For the past four months I've been hosting this site on an IUPUI server. That was supposed to be temporary. As in, I'll just throw it up there for a week or so. Well, a week turned into weeks into a month into months until finally I bit the bullet and got a Dreamhost account.
I compared all of the major hosting services out there (that I knew of):
Dreamhost was by far the best of the three.
Highlights: 500GB disk space, 5TB/mo bandwidth allowance, one click installs (wordpress/phpbb/mediawiki/etc), subversion, unlimited fully hosted domains/subdomains at no extra charge, unlimited MySQL accounts. All this and more starting at a mere $6/mo. Wha??? yep.
So, what does this mean?
1. My website is now hosted entirely at chomperstomp.com. No more of that crazy corsair.cs.iupu.edu:18041/chomperStomp/ crap.
2. The looooong awaited launch of http://www.statusbarcalculator.com as well as active development on v2.0 of my little Firefox extension in preparation of the release of FF3.0.
3. A forums (coming soon) where people can come to ask me questions on flash app development that I can't answer.
4. My Google Gadget will start working again (anyone who wants to, please leave a comment at that link with your thoughts on the gadget. Someone tore it up and it'd be nice to get one or two comments at least saying it's not horrible).
5. New games coming in the near future (FINALLY).
6. More programming related, tutorial style, blog posts. Starting with a slew of "how I created my FF extension" posts, followed by "how I'm upgrading my FF extension", topped off with a journal of my progress on either finishing one of my many un-finished game, or a whole new game entirely.
7. Updating the website in the very near future (also a big FINALLY).
If you are interested in helping out with any of my projects, just drop a comment here, or shoot me an e-mail. I use gMail, and my username is cmcculloh (you'll figure the address out).
Also, if you are considering signing up for a dreamhost account, please do it through this link so I can get monies (the info on the picture is wrong though, their features have gotten better since they made this link):